Shortcuts/Raccourcis

Sunday 24 June 2007

[En] Universal Uploader: A plugin to manage your Picasa, Flickr, Box, Youtube and FaceBook accounts.

If like me you manage a weblog or any website, you maybe need to juggle with multiple websites to save your differents files like photos, videos, programs, ...
In my case, I need :
- PicasaWeb (1Gb free) or Flickr(100Mb free per month) for my photos,
- YouTube for my videos,
- Box.net (1Gb free) for others files.
For each website, I use either website interface or local program like Picasa, Flickr uploader ...
I think, you'll be agree with me, it isn't very practical.

Now, if your web browser is Firefox, the solution is named Firefox Universal Uploader. With this plugin, like FileZilla, the famous ftp client, you'll manage all your accounts (PicasaWeb, Flickr, Box, YouTube and also Facebook) with a single tool.

Features (source):
- It shows the local folders and remote folders which enables you to upload files by single click. - You can upload any number of files at a time.
- You can upload files to multiple websites using a single interface (using only one extension).

- Ability to add multiple accounts and upload files to each account independently.

- Site specific features are also included and will be improved in the coming versions. eg. Box.net: giving public/private access to files.


Once the plugin is installed, you can run it in "Tools\FireUploader".


Try it, you won't be disappointed !

No comments: